Expert Home Mold Removal in Danbury and Bristol
Armor Shield Exteriors offers complete mold remediation solutions in CT
Mold can be extremely invasive and hard to deal with. It takes an expert contractor like Armor Shield Exteriors to fully remove all traces safely and effectively.
While it often starts simply enough, mold growth quickly becomes a major problem for any homeowner. Mold is capable of growing extremely quickly should the right conditions be met. Unfortunately, the right conditions of dampness and humidity, are often found in your home. This problem is further compounded by the fact that mold often feeds off common building materials.
These factors combine to make mold a serious problem that requires a quick and effective solution. If you have a mold problem you need an expert. Armor Shield Exteriors' fully trained and certified team of experts is just what you need. We know exactly where and how to find mold and then remove it. Contact us today by 1-855-272-1229 or online to learn more and schedule your free estimate! We serve Bridgeport, Danbury, Bristol, Stratford, Shelton, and all of CT!
Why is cleaning mold so important?
Our mold solutions
- Mold inspection & testing
- Attic mold removal
- Basement mold removal
- Bathroom mold removal
- Black mold removal
- Indoor humidity control
- Mold impacts property value: Besides potentially being unsafe, a home with mold issues is far less valuable than one without, and even more difficult to sell. If you're buying a home a mold inspection is also very important to make sure you don't end up with a significant problem later.
- Mold grows quickly: Mold needs very little in order to thrive. It simply requires moisture, that the temperature is kept above 40°F (not hard in a modern home), and organic material to provide nutrients. Attics and basements are often perfect for mold as they are often moist, above the required temperature, and have drywall and wood to provide nutrients. It often takes only 24-48 hours for mold to grow under good conditions.
- Much of the mold is often hidden: Another major problem with mold is that the visible mold is often just a sign of the real problem. Mold loves to grow in awkward hard to see spaces like ducts, behind drywall panels, wall cavities, and fiberglass insulation. Add to this the fact that mold can look very similar to soot and dirt (sometimes even requiring experts to test) and you have a problem that is very hard to find.
- Professional equipment and training are critical to effective removal: In order to effectively identify mold and avoid safety hazards, you need to be able to send samples to a lab to find out if it is potentially toxic and how best it might be treated. Special equipment is also crucial to drying out wall cavities, identifying sources, of moisture, and actually cleaning the mold. For the untrained and under-equipped mold removal is a dangerous and impractical task.
Our mold removal process in Western Connecticut
At Armor Shield Exteriors, we want to provide you with a safe, healthy home. Our process is designed to not just eliminate all existing mold, but also prevent a resurgence later on. We do this through 5 steps:
- Mold testing: Knowing your enemy is important and it's key that we know what type of mold you have (or even just if you have mold at all). This information lets us know where to start our efforts and also how to proceed.
- Identify the extent of the damage: As mentioned previously, the visible mold is often just the tip of the iceberg. We'll carefully remove drywall and insulation so we can see just how serious an issue your home has.
- Remove affected materials: Since mold can spread so quickly it is key that we quarantine the area. We'll generally do so by removing carpet, drywall, insulation, and any other materials that could help the mold spread
- Treat the area: With the area clear we can now treat it with a chemical designed not just to specifically kill mold, but also prevent regrowth. The exact type of chemical we choose for this job can differ based on the type of mold we've identified and its severity.
- Restore your home: After all, mold has been removed and the area is treated, we can return your home to normal. However, we'll also aim to address any water or humidity issues in this area before restoring it back to normal.
Quality mold removal services for your Western Connecticut home
If your home currently has mold or is at risk of developing it, the experts at Armor Shield Exteriors can help you remove it to keep your home safe and clean. Our team consists of fully trained and certified professionals using only the best equipment.
Call us today at 1-855-272-1229 or contact us online to get a free estimate on our complete mold removal and remediation services. We offer all our mold services in Bridgeport, Danbury, Bristol, Stratford, Shelton, Wilton, Westport, Ridgefield, Weston, Trumbull, and throughout the surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.